We take the protection of your personal data seriously. We will process your personal data in compliance with the applicable laws (General Data Protection Regulation No 2016/679 - hereinafter „GDPR“, as well as the national Data Protection Act as amended – hereinafter “ DSG”)).
Controller pursuant to Art 4 (7) GDPR is Falstaff Hotel Collection GmbH, company number FN 504899z, Führichgasse 8, A-1010 Vienna (hereinafter also „We“, „Us“), whose details are provided in the imprint of the website. There you also find the relevant contact data for exercising your rights (see clause 6.).
2. Personal Data
We only process personal data that you provide Us with (through visiting Our website or the details you make available in a contact form or newsletter-registration respectively), like: first name, surname, e-mail-address, telephone number, date of birth/age, sex, IP-address; not in every case all of the aforementioned data categories might be affected or have to be provided. Special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art 9 GDPR will not processed by Us in the context of this website.
3. Processing of Personal Data, Legal Basis
Your personal data is processed predominantly for the purposes of performing a contract or for pre-contractual purposes respectively (Art 6 (1) (b) GDPR) – without such data, it would be impossible for Us to prepare, conclude or perform a contract with you. The processing is also carried out for the purposes of legitimate interests of Us or third parties respectively (Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR), including in particular for the purposes of maintaining the operational safety of this website, claims management, direct marketing by analogue and digital means, providing advertisements to existing customers, statistical evaluation and the enhancement of Our services and their quality (please see clause 6. for the right to object).
In case you subscribe to our newsletter (see clause 10.) also Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR serves as applicable legal basis due to your voluntary consent:
By clicking the icon “send” I agree that Falstaff Hotel Collection GmbH will save and process my personal data as provided for the purposes of sending the newsletter. I also give my consent to receiving such newsletters on the basis of section 107 TKG. I can withdraw my consent for the future at any time, without any negative consequences or formal requirements.
We will process your personal data only pursuant to the permissible scope of the GDPR and DSG. Under normal circumstances, We will not transfer your personal data to third parties. Where this is necessary - e.g. for the performance of a contract - such transfer will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR. In this case, we ask you to also consult the privacy policies of these third parties as they might become applicable. An exception to this general rule is the use for statistical and similar purposes. However, this will not involve any personal data but in such cases exclusively anonymized data will be transferred, which do not allow the identification of a natural person and which cannot be attributed to a specific natural person (see also clauses 8, 9).
4. Data Security
The protection of your personal data is ensured through organizational and technical measures, including protection against unauthorized access and technical data protection precautions.
Please be aware, however, that notwithstanding these efforts, it cannot be completely excluded that data, which you make available through the internet can be perceived and potentially be used by others . We therefore assume no responsibility or liability for errors in the communication of data or unauthorized access by third parties (e.g. through hacker-attacks, spyware, malware etc).
5. Storage of Personal Data
Your personal data will be stored by Us only for the period necessary to fulfill contractual and/or legal obligations (respective obligations may arise, e.g. from fiscal or from product liability provisions). Where the storing is not necessary any longer, such data will be deleted.
6. Right of Access, Right to Erasure, Right to Lodge a Complaint
Subject to the existence of statutory confidentiality obligations, you have the following rights:
- to access your personal data and demand disclosure regarding the source of your personal data, the purpose for which it is being processed and - as the case may be - potential recipients (Art 15 GDPR).
- the right to have your personal data rectified, transmitted, their processing restricted or deleted, should the data be incorrect or should the basis for processing personal data cease to apply (Art 16, 17, 18, 20 GDPR).
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR („legitimate interests“) (Art 21 GDPR). Please note that such objection will not affect the legitimacy of the processing of personal data pursuant to other statutory permissions under Art 6 GDPR.
- The right to withdraw a consent (Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR) for the processing of personal data (Art 7 GDPR). Please note that such withdrawal will not affect the legitimacy of the processing of personal data pursuant to other statutory permissions under Art 6 GDPR.
We ask you to forward any such claim to the contact / contact person specified in the imprint of this website.
Please note that a possible objection does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of personal data on the basis of other legitimate grounds listed in Art 6 (1) GDPR.
Should you be of the opinion that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection laws or your claims pursuant to data protection laws or otherwise violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Art 77 GDPR).
In order to design this website according to your needs and to collect certain information, We use different technologies, including so called cookies. Cookies help to simplify internet-usage and communication.
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your browser by Our website and which will be saved on your Computer, where they are stored as anonymous identifier. The purpose of such cookies is to provide for a better control of the connection during your visit on Our website and a more effective support when you return to Our website. Without this temporary „caching“, entries already made would have to be repeated. A cookie only contains data which is released by the server and/or a user provides upon request (e.g. details about the domain, path, expiration date, cookie name and cookie value). Cookies therefore only contain technical information and no personal data. Furthermore, cookies are unable to spy out the hard disk drive of a user, cause damage or similar.
The following types of cookies may be used:
- Session Cookies: these will be deleted automatically once the internet-browser is closed;
- Persistent Cookies: these will be stored for a particular time on your computer. The duration is dependent on the expiration date assigned to the individual cookie;
- Third Party Cookies: these can in particular include cookies from social-media-platforms (like Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr etc) or other internet-service-providers (like Google). Such cookies collect information like dwell time, page impressions, movement over links etc. The cookies are used for e.g. displaying certain advertising content which is generated out of search results, websites visited and similar information. Such cookies cannot be read by Us.
You have the possibility to generally decline the storing of cookies (or particular types of cookies) through your internet browser or to decide whether you want to allow the storing of cookies through separate indication. The non-acceptance of cookies may, however, result in websites not being displayed properly or their usability being constrained.
8. Analytic Tools
Google also allows you to decline the compilation of data through Google Analytics. Please refer to the respective internet-presence of Google.
You have the option to subscribe to our newsletter through the website. This is of course purely optional and you can unsubscribe at any time. In order to include you in our newsletter database, we require your e-mail-address and a declaration that you consent to receive Our newsletter. As soon as you subscribe, you will receive an e-mail message containing a link to confirm your subscription („Double-Opt-In“). You can unsubscribe at any time by using to the contact details specified in the imprint of this website; alternatively, you can click the unsubscribe link included in every issue of the newsletter.